Saturday, May 23, 2015

Thesis Segment~ Aesop's Fables

FINAL LINE-UP OF AESOP'S FABLES













February 1, 2016
It is already February and I can say I have a good 80% of my Thesis pieces done. I finally was able to add my cast shadow into my Lion and the Mouse piece, so I can say that Aesop's is done! It is nice to say that seeing how this thesis of mine is stressing me out! Nice to see the progress of many hours of work!
The Lion and the Mouse
January 18, 2016
Up to this point my fables are 99% finished. They have been for a month now, I just haven't updated them until now. After they were all done I lined them up and added some color here and there, highlights here and there, etc. These small adjustments really made a difference. Reason why I say they are 99% done is because I will be showing my director these pieces when I am back to school in a couple weeks, therefore, he may suggest a few adjustments. I am pretty confident though there is not much to add, especially referring back to his comments when I first showed the sketches to him. 
 Fox and the Boar

 The Lion and the Mouse

 The Heron

 The Stag and His Reflection

The Tortoise and the Hare


One thing though I will say is that I will be adding a could cast shadows on "The Lion and the Mouse" the give some separation between the lion's face and the ropes. To test out the shapes of the shadows, I did a simple layer in photoshop to see how they would fall and their value. It really helps to give separation and depth in the piece. But I will have to wait until I get back to the west coast since I left them back there.

Lion and Mouse shadow test


October 29, 2015

Just realized I have been posting my finalized work everywhere else but here! It has been a journey so far and I am hoping to keep on schedule and finish all the fables before I head back to Massachusetts for the winter. I am pretty proud of what I have, but I will say they need small tweeks here and there. I wanted to look at them all at once so that I can better connect them in terms of style (on top of a few adjustments). But here they are so far!

The Lion and the Mouse

Fox and the Boar

The Heron


September 4, 2015

As I stated in my post for my Black Beauty segment, I have been busy since my last post! For those of you seeing this one before my Black Beauty segment, I have worked on 10 of my 15 pieces for my thesis. Final sketches have been established, and hopefully they are loved by my director! In terms of Aesop's, here are my final sketches for the pieces. Unlike my Black Beauty pieces (which I did in a 5 day span), I see nothing wrong with my work here. I LOVE my execution of the fables I chose to do.  I was so lucky to have feedback on these before I came back to the west coast. They all loved my compositions! I was very happy about that since one of my biggest problems is working with compositions in terms of pushing things back into space. So good to hear that they are working! I cannot wait to get started!

Just know that these are somewhat messy because they are drawn on tracing paper with pencil.

        
The Boar and the Fox
        
The Stage and his Reflection

       
The Heron

      
The Tortoise and the Hare

     
The Lion and the Mouse


June 2, 2015
Even though this guy will appear differently in one of my chosen Fables, I needed a character to represent the Fables as a whole for my header for the blog. What better symbol than the fox.


No comments:

Post a Comment